Thursday, October 7, 2010
WOO THINKFINITY!
Thinkfinity completely blew my mind last week. The amount of resources on this one site was just phenomenal. I was so excited to explore it and find all different things that I could use in my classroom I actually went back home and played with it for a few hours. I bookmarked many things that night. I think that this site can help promote higher thinking skills in the classroom simply by using their materials. They have so many different resources to introduce students to, it could completely open their minds to a whole new world. Having them watch a ballet performance, or making them make a Fairy Tale on a silly virtual Fairy Tale maker will enhance the students learning. Anything that will make them think differently then they normally do will promote higher thinking. Once students start to think about new things, it is difficult to get them to stop, and I would never want them to. Thinkfinity can really introduce new things that students will ant to continue to think about, and it is very exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thinkfinity blew my mind as well, though not as much as to make me test out the other tools. Though reading your post, as well as others', makes me wish I had, because the sort of things which thinkfinity offers just sounds awesome in terms of what you can bring to a lesson.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a website you will find that you go back to when you have your own classroom because there are so many different kinds of resources.
ReplyDelete