Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things that I have found useful

My personal favorite has to be the Smart Board. I am sure that most of us agree that this tool can really help make a boring lesson more interesting and exciting for our students. I personally hate the thought of teaching grammar lessons, it is hard for me to think up ways to make it meaningful. The Smart Board doesn't necessarily do that, but it can really spice up one of those simple and necessary lessons and make it more fun for the students. I also feel that by using a tool like this and having the students be more creative with simple lessons, they will more likely then not learn more from them and grasp the information better. It is much easier to learn something when the students are not tuning out left and right because they are bored. I hope that whatever school that I teach at in the future has Smart Boards even if they are only in a few classrooms because it would be nice to bring this fun technology to my students and allow them to play and explore the way that I have over the past few weeks. I would love to have students make projects through Smart Notebook and play with all of the different features. I know they would enjoy that very much. I am not exactly sure what else I would like to learn about. Everything we have done has been rather exciting and brand new to me. I think I would like to learn more about actual video editing. I want to work with that in my project and I am not sure exactly how to go about it. So instead of me fiddling around for a few hours trying to figure out what to do I could just go right in knowing what to do. I know that I will videoblog for my students when I am a teacher, I think it is a very valuable tool. I just have to figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment