I believe that the book review should be a group grade. I feel this way because I believe that the way the group works together is a major aspect of the project. Yes we all have to do our own part, but it is the responsibility of the group to make sure that we all have a schedule and are doing what is needed. I do not think it would be right to grade individually because I do not know how that would really be done. We all are working together to achieve a goal, and we all deserve whatever grade we get together.
What you're saying here has a lot of validity, because it is true that the book review is a group project, yielding the conclusion that the group should be the entity which is graded rather than x, x being anything other than the group. However, I concur that the only way for the group as well as each member in it to experience this project in all its fullness is for there to be one grade which shows how the group did as a whole, and one grade to show how well each member contributed to the group's success.
ReplyDeleteI sound smartboard.